Note: For a higher-fiber dish, use bran flakes instead of corn flakes.
What you need:
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry, and sliced into strips
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- cooking oil spray
Equipment and supplies:
- medium bowl
- large plate
- zipper plastic bag
- rolling pin
- baking sheet
What to do:
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray oil.
- Have an adult help you preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit (176º Celsius).
- Crack the egg and place in the medium bowl. Add milk. Mix together with a fork.
- Place a mound of the crushed cereal on a large plate.
- Dip each chicken strip into egg-milk mixture. Place on top of crushed cereal.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Flip over to coat other side with cereal. Place on cooking sheet. Repeat until all strips are coated and on the pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until done. Have an adult turn the strips over halfway through the baking process, after about 10 minutes. Have an adult remove the chicken from the oven when it's done (white on the inside, not pink)
How much does this recipe make?
About four servings
Date reviewed: May 2007