Egg-cellent English Muffin
Note: Have an adult help you with any slicing or chopping.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chopped onion
- ½ slice Canadian bacon, small dice
- 1 1-ounce slice of Monterey Jack or American cheese
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
Equipment and supplies:
- small bowl
- microwave-safe glass measuring cup or custard cup
What to do:
- In small bowl, whisk together egg, green pepper, onion, and bacon.
- Pour into glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Microwave on high 1-1½ minutes, or until cooked through.
- While egg is cooking, toast English muffin.
- Add cheese slice to one muffin half; add egg; top with other muffin half.
How much does this recipe make?
Date reviewed: June 2007