Hearty Swiss Cereal
Note: This cereal keeps in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days.
Prep time: 50 minutes
What you need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups diced fresh fruit, such as berries, apples, pears, apricot, peaches, or plums
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, sliced almonds, or chopped pecans
Equipment and supplies:
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing spoon
What to do:
- Combine the oats and raisins in a bowl.
- Add milk and stir. Let soak 30-40 minutes.
- Drain off excess milk.
- Add yogurt, honey, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Store or serve. If storing, you may prefer to add the fruit and nuts just before serving.
How much does this recipe make?
12 1/2 cup servings