Bug Bites and Stings for Teens
Generally, insect bites and stings are harmless. Find out how to keep pests from ruining your fun.
Bug Bites and Stings for Parents
Most bug bites and stings are just annoying. But some can cause infections and allergic reactions. It's important to know what to watch for, and when to get medical attention.
Nephrotic Syndrome for Parents
Nephrotic syndrome happens when tiny filtering units in the kidneys stop working properly. This can cause weight gain and other symptoms. Most kids eventually outgrow it.
Hey! A Bee Stung Me! for Kids
Bee, or honeybee, is the word many people use to describe any flying insect that has wings and a stinger. Learn more about bees.
Hey! A Tarantula Bit Me! for Kids
A tarantula is a black, hairy spider that is about two to three inches long. Learn all about spiders and tarantulas in this fun article for kids.
First Aid: Insect Stings and Bites for Parents
Being stung by a bug is often just irritating and doesn't require medical treatment. But kids who are highly allergic to stings may need emergency medical care.
Insect Sting Allergy for Parents
Insect sting allergies can cause serious reactions. Find out how to keep kids safe.
Hey! A Fire Ant Stung Me! for Kids
Fire ants think they're hot stuff. Learn how to handle them in this article for kids.
Serious Allergic Reactions (Anaphylaxis) for Parents
Kids with severe allergies can be at risk for a sudden, serious allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. The good news is that when treated properly, anaphylaxis can be managed.
Hey! A Gnat Bit Me! for Kids
A gnat is a very tiny insect, no bigger than the head of a pin. Learn more about gnats.