Baked Salmon Sticks With Creamy Lemon-Dill Dip
Note: If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using the oven.
Prep time: 40 minutes
What you need:
Ingredients for the salmon sticks:
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into ½-inch strips
Ingredients for dip:
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
Equipment and supplies:
- Cooking spray
- Baking sheet and cooking rack or parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk or mixer
- 2 large bowls
- 1 small bow
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a cooking rack and spray generously with cooking spray. If you don't have a cooking rack, line a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk or beat egg whites until they are light and foamy. In another large bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, and pepper. Dip each salmon stick into the egg whites and then press into the crumb mixture, making sure the crumbs coat the salmon.
- Place salmon strips onto prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, make the dip: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dill.
- Serve salmon sticks warm with a small amount of dipping sauce.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 270 calories
- 30g protein
- 7g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 19g carbohydrate
- 3g fiber
- 60mg cholesterol
- 350mg sodium
- 3g sugars
Date reviewed: June 2015