Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You'll never want coleslaw any other way after trying this recipe. This dish is wonderful for a party or picnic, and the leftovers taste even better the following day. Remember to store the leftovers in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes (including chilling time)
What you need:
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
What to do:
- Combine bacon, cabbage, coleslaw dressing, blue cheese, and tomato in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 187 calories
- 14g fat
- 7g protein
- 540mg sodium
- 51mg calcium
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.