Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This creamy milkshake provides a significant amount of calories to help meet your elevated energy needs. It's also packed with calcium to help make your bones strong.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 instant breakfast packet, any flavor
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup ice cream, any flavor
- blender (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 616 calories
- 17g protein
- 34.5g fat
- 286mg sodium
- 645mg calcium
Serving size: 1-1/2 cups
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Make different flavors using a variety of ice cream and instant breakfast flavors. Or try adding strawberries or other fruit for a twist.