Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs. Get a grownup's help because it requires using the oven.
This dish is loaded with calories and fat, so make sure you take your enzymes if pancreatic insufficient.
Prep time: 45 minutes
What you need:
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and top each piece with 1½ oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes; pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 722 calories
- 61g protein
- 46g fat
- 794mg sodium
- 620mg calcium
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to add some veggies to your meal!